Our First Baby

Friday, May 12, 2006

Swollen tootsies

So its my first proper pregnancy symptom - swollen feet. It has been exacerbated by the weird heat wave we have been having, so I have been using all the pillows at night to elevate my feet. They are better today since it has been cooler. I have also been feeling the baby move pretty much every day. it is a very slight fluttering feeling in my tummy, very different to anything else like wind or cramps. It is alot nicer than i thought it would be - I thought it would feel like an alien, but it actually feels very nice and natural.

I also got my P60 tax form to day that told me how much tax I paid over the last year. I am now determined to have as many drugs etc as I can when in the auld labour ward to make up for it.

Also, we have had to cancel our holiday. After working out how much (make that little) i get paid whilst on maternity leave, even though it is supposedly more that SMP, we are going to have to save the money rather than spend it on a lovely week in france. Plus we need to get a move on with moving! (Pull your finger out Nev!!!)

The name saga continues. We have a blackboard in the kitchen where we have each been writing names we like. Nevs are all AWFUL. I am not sure we are going to agree on this at all. But really, as it will probably have his surname I should decide on the first name. It only fair after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home